As part of its efforts to make a general meeting that is as broad and inclusive as possible, IMA2022 welcomes scientific proposals within but not limited to the main themes of the conference:
- Mineral systematics, regrouping, for example, new minerals and classification of minerals, mineral evolution, databases and data mining;
- Applied, ore, and industrial mineralogy, covering sessions about mineral deposits of economic interest or ore minerals;
- Mineralogy and petrology, grouping general aspects of mineralogy and its relation to petrological studies;
- Extraterrestrial mineralogy, covering sessions about minerals on other bodies of the solar system and beyond, planetary exploration, and space missions;
- Planetary interiors, regrouping sessions about the constituents of planets, and behaviour of minerals at extreme conditions of pressures and temperature ;
- Environmental mineralogy, biomineralogy;
- The dynamical world of minerals, covering sessions about mineral reactions, physical and chemical properties of minerals and of rocks, various spectroscopies, and methods of investigation of minerals.